Atmos Energy Advises: Prepare for Winter|
Tips for fast & safe natural gas service
DALLAS (October 28, 2013) - With winter on the horizon, Atmos Energy Corporation, one of the nation's largest natural gas-only utilities,
is reminding customers to sign up for service online before the winter rush.
"We recently updgraded our online Account Center to help customers establish natural gas service, pay a bill, and view natural gas usage on their own and at their own pace," said Clay Cash, Atmos Energy's Vice President of Customer Service.
"In order to receive the fastest service possible, new customers should sign-up for service at www.atmosenergy.com."
Customers who had their natural gas service suspended during the summer and need to re-establish service must still call
Atmos Energy toll-free at 1-888-286-6700 to speak with an agent.
"Please call us as soon as possible to ensure that your natural gas is on and you are ready for that first day of winter," said Cash.
Tips for calling:
- The best time to call is weekday afternoons. Mornings are typically the busiest time at our call centers.
- Atmos Energy's two customer contact centers, which are located in Texas, receive approximately 20,000 calls per day. Customers who call during a busy time can use the automated phone system to schedule a return call from an agent, rather than wait on hold.
- Call centers are open Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. (CST); Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and for emergency calls 24/7 at 1.866.322.8667.
- The best way to lower your energy bill is to use energy more wisely. A programmable thermostat allows you to keep your house cooler at night and when you're away, and will automatically warm your house to comfortable levels for the hours you are home.
- Try Atmos Energy's online tools such as an Energy Calculator to help manage your energy use.
- Inspect your windows and doors for drafts. Use caulk or sealant to insulate as needed.
- If you are having trouble paying your utility bill, please visit our website to learn more about energy assistance programs.
Low-income customers are eligible for federal energy assistance through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which helps pay energy bills and weatherize homes.
About Atmos Energy
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is one of the country's largest natural-gas-only distributors,
serving about 3 million natural gas distribution customers in over 1,400 communities in eight states from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West.
Atmos Energy also manages company-owned natural gas transmission pipeline systems and provides natural gas marketing and procurement services to industrial, commercial and municipal customers primarily in the Midwest and Southeast.
For more information, visit www.atmosenergy.com.
Atmos Energy can also be accessed through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.