Atmos Energy in the News | Page 5 | Atmos Energy

Atmos Energy in the News

Utility Scam Awareness Day: Protect Yourself
Perspectives
Safety
November 14, 2017
Scammers posing as utility representatives use a variety of email, in-person and phone tactics to target families and businesses to steal money. Nationwide utility scams are on the rise, and Atmos Energy encourages customers to protect themselves from fraud.
Waco cast iron replacement
Perspectives
Safety
November 14, 2017

Atmos Energy employees at the Waco Service Center are celebrating being cast iron free. In the last six years, the Waco Region replaced about 38 miles of cast iron pipe in 11 different towns and cities. Atmos Energy is modernizing its natural gas distribution lines to make its already safe system even safer.

Bryan/College Station Donation
Perspectives
Community
November 13, 2017

Atmos Energy wants to ensure fire departments in our communities have the tools necessary to continue keeping our friends and family stay safe. A donation from Atmos Energy of $2,500 was made to both the Bryan and College station fire departments. The fire departments plan to use the funds to provide smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to low-income housing in the cities.

Atmos Energy Thanks Our Veterans
Perspectives
Community
November 10, 2017
Each year for Veteran’s Day, we are honored to recognize nearly 300 employees who served our country. These members of the Atmos Energy family, as well as millions of American veterans, have taken the ultimate risk for our safety and freedom.
Atmos Energy Trains First Responders in Gas Safety
Perspectives
Safety
November 3, 2017

Atmos Energy has trained more than 2,000 first responders from Abilene, TX to Biloxi, MS in natural gas safety and emergency response preparedness during the past year.

Turn Your Clocks Back and Switch Your Batteries for Daylight Saving Time
Perspectives
Safety
November 2, 2017

While setting clocks to “fall back” this Sunday for Daylight Saving Time, stay a step ahead in safety. Remember to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to protect yourself and your family.