Funds Available to Help Pay Utility Bills | Atmos Energy
Atmos Energy Prepares Customers for Winter

Funds Available to Help Pay Utility Bills

Customer Service
November 16, 2017

If you need assistance paying utility bills this holiday season, the Texoma Council of Governments (TCOG) has funds available to help pay energy bills for eligible households in Collin, Denton, Hunt, Rockwall, Cooke, Fannin and Grayson counties.

Utility assistance funds are available to help pay natural gas, electricity or propane bills. Funds are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible households. To find out if you are eligible, contact TCOG at 903-813-3541 or visit TCOG’s website for the utility assistance application and submission instructions. 

There are free community programs across the country that can help pay your natural gas and other utility bills. The most common program is the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - a federally funded program that helps eligible households pay a portion of their home energy costs. LIHEAP funds are distributed through local Community Action Agencies. If you need assistance paying your natural gas bill, call 211 or search to find a Community Action Agency near you.