Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, is the country's largest, fully-regulated, natural-gas-only distributor, serving over three million natural gas distribution customers in over 1,400 communities in eight states from the Blue Ridge Mountains in the East to the Rocky Mountains in the West. Atmos Energy also manages company-owned natural gas pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas.
Safe & Reliable Service
We deliver safe, clean, reliable, efficient, affordable and abundant natural gas— America’s best energy source. We’re also investing billions of dollars in new pipelines to ensure we’re the nation’s safest natural gas provider.
Over the past 150 years, more than 250 corporate entities have come together to form what is today one name with one team—Atmos Energy. We have built on our past while focusing on our future.
- We own regulated natural gas distribution assets in eight states: Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
- We are the largest natural gas distributor in three of these states: Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
- Because of our geographical breadth, Atmos Energy benefits greatly from diversity in economic conditions, weather patterns, natural gas supplies and regulatory climates.
- We own Atmos Pipeline–Texas, one of the state's largest intrastate natural gas pipelines, which transports gas from production basins across Texas to utility distributors and others.
- Our company's stock began publicly trading in 1983 and was listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1988 when the company's name changed to Atmos Energy Corporation.
- The company, which originated as the Amarillo Gas Company, is intertwined with the history of some 250 entities over the course of the past 150 years.